Elizabeth Ann

Elizabeth Ann
I hope you'll enjoy viewing my online blog. This is my online diary. :)

Monday, June 29, 2009

Destiny



image from deviantart

Do you believe in destiny? Somehow, I do.

I may not be a good writer, but I just want to write here some things that I believe in. We may not be the same, but it doesn't matter.

I do believe in destiny in such a way that I believe God has his plan for every one of us. Sometimes, you don't get other things you want or other things that you think is good for you because you are destined for something else; for other good things. Things may not be meant to happen right now, but other good things are waiting for you.

When I was in Grade 7, I believe that it was alright that I let the chance of taking an exam for Philippine Science go away. I mean, studying in Philippine Science maybe was a good thing, but I let it slip away... I did not even apply for an exam. Maybe, it was destiny working at that time. I figured out in grade 7 that there is a happy life in UPIS waiting for me.. So, maybe I was really destined to be in UPIS. I don't know why but I really think God planned it for me, that I shall study in UPIS and I shall experience a nice life here. Well, if I studied in Philippine Science I might not have known my very good friends, and other people.. Haha.

I stopped thinking about the "right course for me" because somehow I believe that it is up to God where He will place me... What path shall I take, what course shall I take... I believe He will guide me. Although I am praying that I really want to pass Chem Engg in UP Diliman.. Just like Ate Monique said, "Prepare, and leave all the rest to destiny." Yes, I shall leave all the rest to him.. After I take the exams.

But it's not destiny alone that is working, we still have to work ourselves. We still have to decide, we still have to figure things out, we still have to take the entrance exams. We still have to do our part.

I wrote about destiny today because as I was crying while watching "My Sassy Girl"... I heard the line from the old man, that "Destiny is the bridge you build for the one you love." and the main guy said in the end that... "Maybe, it is not only destiny working. You still have to build the bridge. You still have to go to the restaurant."

I loved the movie, I loved the line, that's why I am reflecting on destiny today. Maybe you are wondering why I am writing about God today. Maybe, some people think that it is not like me... Well, maybe that's what you think.

There was a time that I was wondering why I have to believe in God, why I have to go to church, why I have to do all these rituals. Well, believing in God won't really hurt. But I really cannot say that I am a religious person because I am not the "church kind of person". For me, what's important is not the religion, but the faith and spirit within you that you believe in.

Believing in God made a positive difference in my life. As my belief, faith, trust in God strengthened, I had a more positive outlook in my life and in two or more things, my life became better... Maybe I can't explain it but in times of problems, I can face it better... There are other things that I shall not explain right now... But I can assure you, for me, it really was a good thing.

Destiny might be really working for us but we still have to do our part. We still have to "build the bridge". Also, we can do some things that we don't think we can. We just have to believe. Believe that we can.. and do our part.

For things to move on, we need that force and that initial velocity. It's up to you to find out what it is.:)




lovelovelove,
eLise.




click here to comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Please feel free to comment but please enter your name. You must enter your name. okay?! Thank you very much. Do not forget to write your name.