Elizabeth Ann

Elizabeth Ann
I hope you'll enjoy viewing my online blog. This is my online diary. :)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the after effects of workaholism.

These are the after-effects of the workaholic year 2008-2009.

Well, last year was fulled of busy stuff such as LC, UPIS Week and many many more to mention. Now, I don't have those kind of stuff with me. It's such a joy, somehow. I got over it already but it seems like my body is still used to it. I feel like I'm facing a bit of after-effects from the previous year.

Yeah. Well, being auditor last year turned me into a somehow workaholic person. And now...

1) I am always looking for work to do.

I am still running around looking for work to do. I am still sleeping late thinking of work to do. I am not used to being "idle" while I'm in school at lunch time. So, what happened last week? I became the president of Sci Soc (No choice. Because I'm the only grade 10 there) and vice president of Math Club. (No choice, Emer and me are the only non-grade 7). And what else, I always want to do the stuff I need to do... When I feel like it. And many many many MANY more.

So, the next one's the opposite of the first.

2) I became too lazy.

I am always looking for work. So, when I don't see many things in front of me, I tend to sleep. Sleep all night long. Do things to kill time. Do nothing. Entertain myself. Sleep. Rest. I always want to sleep and rest.

So, I have some kind of weird or not-so-weird theory. It's just like this:

If you got used to doing so many things, too much pressure, too much everything and you have been turned into a workaholic, your body just got used to it. So, you end up looking for that work that you usually do or end up sleeping because you finally got the time to sleep or because you think that... "there are not much things to do", well, as compared to the previous year.

And that is the theory. I don't know if it really works. But, I observed my mom and what happened to her is the same as number 2 while she's at home and the same as number 1 when she's at the office.

She's a workaholic. Worse, worse, much much worse than me.

WORKAHOLISM: It's a disease. You are not and will not be at ease. :p


♥♥♥
lovelovelove,
eLise.
♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. buti alam mo. hahhahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alam ko naman eh. Yang theory talaga na yan ay based sa personal experience talaga. Sabi nga nung iba, baka daw genetic yung "workaholism" ko. pareho kami ni mama eh :))

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Please feel free to comment but please enter your name. You must enter your name. okay?! Thank you very much. Do not forget to write your name.