Elizabeth Ann

Elizabeth Ann
I hope you'll enjoy viewing my online blog. This is my online diary. :)

Sunday, April 19, 2009

childhood dreams of teriyaki and sugpo.

teriyaki and sugpo.

One of my childhood dreams was to have my own restaurant or cafe called CAFELISSE. Yeah, that's why my blog is named CAFELISSE. The name was adapted from the name of the cafe in SM North long ago, Cafe Elise. Few facts, pero parang ngayon ko lang nasabi.

Ever since I was young, I wanted to have a restaurant or cafe. I learned to bake some cakes, make good instant coffee for my parents, and I tried to cook some dishes. Today, I want to share 2 dishes that I cooked this month. It is my pork teriyaki and my sugpo (shrimp) in oyster sauce (tinuro ni mama).

Sugpo (Shrimp) in oyster sauce.
April 10, 2009.

This is shrimp or sugpo in oyster sauce. This is 2 kilograms of sugpo in oyster sauce. It's easy to cook this one, but to cook 2 kilos of shrimp, it takes a lot of time. My mother's birthday is April 10, good friday of the holy week. My mother
taught me how to cook these shrimps because I wanted to and because I told her that I would be the one to cook because it's her birthday. I really wanted to learn cooking this recipe before. It's one of my favorites, shrimps in sweet sauce, it's so delicious and yummy! Once presented in front of my cousins, voilah! It *poofed* and it was gone before dinner. And that's 2 kilograms, 450 pesos per kilo. It's somehow expensive but it's not bad because it is delicious and it's a special treat. Haha. When I told my friends, they wanted to taste it, but I can't give them because it's gone. My father liked it too, and he commented my cooking. *Plus points for an aspiring cook* I feel delighted and honored. Aww.

Pork Teriyaki and Veggies.
April 19, 2009.


I actually cooked veggies as side dishes and fried pork that tasted something like grilled pork teriyaki. Haha. It tastes good! Special thanks to the marinade, but that is not all. I used the marinade, but if you don't know how to cook and to put some other stuff in it, maybe the taste won't sink in the pork chop. It actually tasted really good and my father said "I wasn't expecting for something this delicious." The vegetables were good too. Bean sprouts, cabbage, carrots and onions. Sauted. Tada! Do you see the nice presentation? Hehehe. Why was I cooking anyway? My parents brought Renren to the hospital and I was in charge of cooking. I didn't like to cook breaded porkchop (tastes like nothing) or pork steak (adobo taste, sawa na ako) so I tried to cook something teriyaki-like. Yeah! I made it! Though it is hard to cook these pork chops because it's a kilogram of pork chops and I need to cook it three by three, and it's so hot, my sweat's coming (but it doesn't pour like rain. gosh), I was able to cook delicious pork teriyaki! WOOOOH! My dad commented me again. Mom was jealous. I was going to cook every day, dad said. But, I said I was only going to cook every week, that's for sure. Because I don't think I have time every day. Haha. (Am I a busy person? No, I just wake up a little late, and go home late too.) A step forward to creating my restaurant! WEEHOO.

I was already planning my 16th birthday. I will cook shrimps and pasta. And pork teriyaki maybe. Also, I want karaoke in the house. Haha. August FIFTEEN!! Am I that excited? I think so? Haha.

Oh! Before I forget, I would like to share another step to another dream of mine. Another dream of mine is about my singing career. Haha. "singing career" :))) Hehehehe. This morning, I was singing in the sunday mass at hardin ng rosas, we were part of the choir. The priest told me, father Anil, the indian:

"You were singing at the mass earlier. You sing in all the masses and you will become a big singer."

I was shocked, I'm afraid I wasn't able to tell him that: "father, I wan't to be part of the UP Diliman choir" ... as in any of those choirs, esp, father Gboy's choir. :p

Aww. I was inspired. I will sing. I will. I promise.

:)


lovelovelove,
eLise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Please feel free to comment but please enter your name. You must enter your name. okay?! Thank you very much. Do not forget to write your name.